Super Computer predicts who will WIN the Premier League

April 6, 2023

A supercomputer has predicted the final 2022/23 Premier League standings based on the latest fixtures in England’s top flight and has ruled that the title race between Arsenal and Manchester City will go down to the wire. 

According to supercomputer FiveThirtyEight, Arsenal will win the 2022/23 PL title ahead of Manchester City at the end of the season. 

FiveThirtyEight uses its own Soccer Power Index (SPI), which forms the basis for calculating each team’s results.

“SPI ratings are our best estimate of a team’s overall strength,” the supercomputer explains. 

“In our system, every team has an offensive rating that represents the number of goals it would be expected to score against an average team on a neutral field and a defensive rating that represents the number of goals it would be expected to concede.

So, according to their numbers, Arsenal have a 51 per cent chance of winning the Premier League. In comparison, Manchester City are given the remaining 49 per cent – meaning there’s barely anything to call between the two sides currently battling for the title.

Arsenal, who currently have 72 points after 29 games, are expected to win the title by one point, with the supercomputer ruling that they will reach 88 points after 38 games. On the other hand, City, who currently have 64 points, are expected to reach 87 points by the end of the season. 

However, Manchester City is the big favourite in the upcoming game between the two sides at the Etihad Stadium on April 26.

Super Computer predicts who will WIN the Premier League - PL Table

Source: The Sun

See also  “It’s an insult to boo Lionel Messi” – Emmanuel Petit slams PSG fans

Meanwhile, following Newcastle’s 2-0 win over Man United at St James’ Park on Sunday, Eddie Howe’s side have been backed to finish in third place. Meanwhile, Erik ten Hag’s side, who currently sit fourth courtesy of a narrow 1-0 win over Brentford in their last game, have been marked to finish the season occupying the final Champions League spot in fourth.

This leaves erstwhile top-four regulars Tottenham and Liverpool with a place outside the top four. Spurs have been tipped to finish in fifth position, while Liverpool can only qualify for Europa Conference League via a seventh-place finish. 

Brighton are expected to claim the second spot in Europe’s second premier competition and finish above the Reds after they fought back three times to claim a draw against Brentford. Meanwhile, Chelsea’s decision to sack their coach will reportedly have little impact on their final standings, with the Blues predicted to finish the season in a lowly 11th place, 19 points off of Man United in fourth.

At the other end of the table, current bottom feeders Southampton are expected to finish rock bottom of the table. Everton and Nottingham Forest are the other two teams expected to join the Saints in the Championship next season.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.