Cristiano Ronaldo has been named as the most powerful football player on Instagram to feature in the 2022 World Cup held in Qatar.
The Portuguese striker beat the likes of Lionel Messi, Neymar Jr. and Kylian Mbappe to become the most influential and powerful player on Instagram. The player say a 48 percent increase in his follower count since last year.
Cristiano Ronaldo is currently followed by 481 million people on Instagram and is ranked as the most influential player that is likely to compete at the World Cup in Qatar, according to the BBC.
The rankings are based on Nielsen’s influencer measurement tool, which evaluates total followers, follower growth, engagement rate and average brand value per post on Instagram. Not only that, Ronaldo is believed to have a post value rate of $3,585,218.
His arch nemesis, Lionel Messi has been ranked second on the list of most influential players on Instagram. The Argentinian is now followed by 360 million people and has seen a 38 percent growth on his Instagram account in the past year. Messi also has a massive post value of $2,631,388.
The Top 10 Most Influential Footballers On Instagram at 2022 World Cup
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) – 481 Million followers – £3,131,096 value per post
- Lionel Messi (Argentina) – 360 Million followers – £2,298,083 value per post
- Neymar (Brazil) – 178 Million followers – £1,006,007 value per post
- Kylian Mbappe (France) – 73 Million followers – £1,024,359 value per post
- Vinicius Jr (Brazil) – 23 Million followers – £598,154 value per post
- Karim Benzema (France) – 58 Million followers – £427,137 value per post
- Paulo Dybala (Argentina) – 49 Million followers – £429,152 value per post
- N’Golo Kante (France) – 14 Million followers – £458,514 value per post
- Paul Pogba (France) – 59 Million followers – £355,810 value per post
- Sergio Ramos (Spain) – 55 Million followers – £321,845 value per post